As well as supporting local and state preservation organizations and neighborhood groups in their efforts to preserve modernist architecture, Modernism Week provides scholarships to local students
Modernism Week provides scholarships to Coachella Valley students pursuing college educations in the fields of architecture and design.
Modernism Week has agreed to increase the level of awards and support services, so that students may work less and focus more on completing their education. Scholarships are awarded in the following amounts:
- Up to $1,000 for community college
- Up to $5,000 for university
Scholarship awards may be used for tuition, books, living costs and related college expenses.
- Must be permanent residents of the Coachella Valley for the past three (3) consecutive years.
- Must be enrolled full-time in a Coachella Valley high school.
- Minimum of 2.0 GPA and above for high school students
- Minimum of 2.5 GPA for third- and fourth-year college students
- Must have attended a California high school for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years and graduated or completed a GED in the state of California.
- Must complete the 2022-23 FAFSA or CSAC financial aid application (if applicable) by March 2nd.
- Must be pursuing first Bachelor's or Associate's degree
- Must enroll full-time in a non-profit accredited college, university or academic institution in the U.S.
- Architectural Preservation
- Interior Architecture
- Landscape Architecture
- Urban Planning
- Environmental Studies
- Fashion Design
- Graphic Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Design
- Textile Design